FORUM MODELISME NAVAL RADIOCOMMANDE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late!

+2
STEAMPROPULSION
synthpunk
6 participants

finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late! Empty finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late!

Message par synthpunk Jeu 25 Fév - 13:48

Hello!

its Rich from the Mamod forums here - I've finally managed to sign up for this one too!!

KBIO invited me over last year i think, but i couldn't work out how to post..
anyways, I've re registered, read the instructions, and it appears I'm in..

for those who don't know me from other forums, I'm really, really into flash steam.
and hydroplanes and straight runners and all the fun things that go into making flash steam fun.

heres my latest development plant - its based on a stuart BB10 from the early 30s.

ill be sure to post here with a description of the system and the results i get from it. please ask any questions!

cheers!

rich in london

synthpunk

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late! Empty Re: finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late!

Message par STEAMPROPULSION Jeu 25 Fév - 14:42

Welcome to this forum Rich. There is a lot of technically minded peole here!

finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late! Empty Re: finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late!

Message par synthpunk Jeu 25 Fév - 15:06

Hi Giovanni!

its nice to be here at last!

i have a few new ideas to play around with here, it will be good to get some peer review!

synthpunk

Message par Invité Jeu 25 Fév - 17:52

hello Hello!
Finalement il est avec nous. génial
C'est l'homme qu'il nous faut à la bonne place.
Merci Richard de nous permettre de partager tes connaissances dans cette discipline.
Cordialement! bonjour

Invité
Invité

Message par synthpunk Jeu 25 Fév - 23:33

thank you for the warm welcome!

i was pleased to get the invitation, i felt quite stupid for not being able to work out how to post before now... doh!

have a good evening everybody!
cheers!
rich

synthpunk

Message par derekwarner_decoy Ven 26 Fév - 3:10

Hull Rich......this is a good WEB site ...the French have a different appreciation of steam

One interesting point I have recently found, at the top of the WEB page is the option to always translate from French

This then allows you to seamlessly navigate all postings in English, and not only the English Thread section

Another simple thing is that any new posts are displayed in yellow so is easy to find these new postings

Good luck............. Derek face à l\'ordi
derekwarner_decoy
derekwarner_decoy

Message par JPA Ven 26 Fév - 11:03

Hello synthpunk,
Welcome on the forum, I suppose the cylinder, on which the manometer is connected, is a steam/water separator. Am I right ? Can you tell us more about this ?

JPA

Message par synthpunk Ven 26 Fév - 11:38

Derek - are you using the Google Chrome browser? I've just found out that it translates things.

JPA - yes you are 100% correct. it is a 'cyclonic' separator - steam enters at right angles to the exit, and at a tangent to the cylinder. the water is thrown against the cylindrical walls, steam goes up a pipe in the middle. there is a tiny hole at the bottom which leads to a needle valve. this is the drain. and also the throttle/ main steam bypass. it works due to what i believe might be Bernoulli's effect. when it is under pressure the water always tries to escape through the tiny hole before the steam does, so the pressure vessel remains pressured. it sounds unlikely but seems to work. i copied it from a full sized steam launch.

synthpunk

Message par synthpunk Ven 26 Fév - 11:39

finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late! Image_20

synthpunk

Message par derekwarner_decoy Ven 26 Fév - 12:02

Evening Rich....

1. No, I use standard MS Outlook + Google, not Chrome...am not impressed with that script  joker
2. I do find, even when typing in English...when the post is complete, the translation still misses a few letters.
3. These guys [KBIO, Raphael & GAZOU] are great to communicate with.
4. I am a little lost, your de-oiler appears conventional as it is open to atmosphere [without restriction] for the exhaust steam, so am unsure why it is fitted with the exhaust relief valve?.
5. Or is the steam outlet shown in your sketch/schematic actually connected to the pressure gauge as ....indicated in the photograph.
6. If the latter is the case, does the system back pressure [relative to the de-oiler relief valve setting] not cause a breathing problem with the engine?

Derek trinquons
derekwarner_decoy
derekwarner_decoy

Message par synthpunk Ven 26 Fév - 12:31

in all of the videos i think the oil trap is disconnected. i needed to make a load of flanged pipes to connect it, and i always get them wrong.. :c)

the brass canister in the sketch is not the oil trap. it is connected between boiler and engine - it is a steam separator. it removes water from the steam, basically. so you can use a coil that generates a lot of wet steam and still use it to drive an engine without problems. which means you don't have to superheat the steam, so you run less risk of damaging an engine by melting bits of it.

synthpunk

Message par synthpunk Ven 26 Fév - 12:34

and because the steam separator has a bypass valve on its 'cold' end it makes a good place to stick a 'throttle'. the small amount of capacity it has also helps smooth out the steam supply to the engine - it doesn't stop surging, but it does cut it down considerably. it can be thought of as a 'Steam Capacitor' that does a similar job as a smoothing capacitor on an analogue electronic power supply.

synthpunk

Message par Invité Ven 26 Fév - 12:58

Hello!
This is smart! génial
This is what I call a Buffer in my post but yours is more intelligent.
What I like, is the needle valve to modify the RPM without changing the upper parameters , ie: water supply or burners supply.
The system remains steady & stable.
This may make me change my plan and use it instead of my by-pass.
Well done Synthpuk. roi
Cordialement! bonjour

Invité
Invité

Message par GAZOU Ven 26 Fév - 15:56

Cordialement!

c'est le seul truc que j'ai compris.............
le "sous forum " de KBIO est international lol!

Admin

Message par JPA Ven 26 Fév - 17:03

Hi Rich,
Can you tell us the size of the drain hole on your steam separator and the steam pressure that feed the engine ?

Bonjour Rich,
Peux-tu nous dire quelle est la taille du trou d'évacuation de ton séparateur de vapeur et la pression de vapeur qui alimente ta machine ?

JPA

Message par synthpunk Ven 26 Fév - 22:29

the hole is about 0.5mm diameter.

the design working pressure is about 50 to 70 psi - the safety valve blows at 150psi

synthpunk

Message par pif. Sam 27 Fév - 6:38

bonjour  Bien l'bonjour;
Si j'ai bien compris:  scratch
Le séparateur est intercaler antre la chaudière et la machine.
Il reçoit la vapeur " saturer" en provenance de la chaudière, la décante de son eau et la laisse partir pour l'utiliser sur la machine .
Donc il n'est pas ouvert sur l'aire libre, mais à la pression de la chaudière .
J'ai bon ???
Cordialement

: Although the hello;
If I understood::
The separator is inserted den boiler and machine.
It receives steam "saturate" from the boiler, its water and decanted from the leaves to use on the machine.
So it is not open to the free area, but the pressure of the boiler.
I have good ???
cordially

Message par synthpunk Sam 27 Fév - 10:45

Hello Pif!

you are correct!
the steam separator is designed to run at boiler pressure.

it is made of thick brass, and is Silver Soldered for strength.

it must be hydraulically tested before use!

i tested mine to 200PSI. itt was fine, and i would have liked to have tried it higher but my hydraulic test device only reads to 200!

------------

Bonjour Pif!
vous avez raison!
le séparateur de vapeur est conçu pour fonctionner à la pression de la chaudière.
elle est en laiton d'épaisseur, et est soudé à l'argent pour la force.
il doit être testé hydrauliquement avant utilisation!
i le mien testé à 200 PSI. il était très bien, et j'aurait aimé avoir essayé plus élevé, mais mon appareil d'essai hydraulique lit seulement à 200!

synthpunk

Message par synthpunk Sam 27 Fév - 12:30

je pensais que je devrais vous laisser entrer un secret - je collectionne les moteurs aussi bien. vous pourriez dire que j'ai une légère addiction aux moteurs à vapeur marins.

voici mon site - je devrais probablement mettre à jour bientôt.

i thought i should let you into a secret - i collect engines as well. you could say i have a slight addiction to Marine Steam engines.

here is my website - i should probably update it soon.

http://modelmarinesteam.blogspot.co.uk

and heres a sneak peak - >
finally managed to get here... sorry I'm late! Imagejpg1-122

cheers!
rich

synthpunk

Message par Invité Sam 27 Fév - 20:43

hello Good evening!
Aïe!Aïe! Aïe!
Another Giovanni! étonné
My blood pressure suddenly raised in the red zone! étonne
If any help is required, I can help you get ride of all those scraps! nononon nononon
Lovely collection. génial roi
Cheers.

Invité
Invité

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé